Elton John World banner

Elton John World News: Blues For Baby And Me

Blues For Baby And Me-- Posted by This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Young Singer Blames Elton For Group's Split

Wednesday 17 August 2005 @ 18:34 - GMT

 
 

According to the Daily Record, former Blue star Simon Webbe is claiming Elton played a part in the boyband's split.

Simon, who is launching a solo career with his new single Lay Your Hands, says his decision to leave the boyband was down to Elton.

Fans were reported to be heart-broken when Simon and bandmates Duncan James, Lee Ryan and Antony Costa went their separate ways last month.

Simon reported, ''We decided to have a break because Sir Elton told us: 'You have a certain amount of longevity in the business. If you keep releasing pop albums as Blue you'll go stale'.

''His comments made sense. He's a legend with almost 40 years in the business.''

The meeting took place shortly after Blue collaborated on Elton's Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word.

''There were distractions and people were telling members of the band they could do better. Also, I did not want to hold any of the others back.''

Meanwhile Simon has no intention of resting on his laurels.

He will make his acting debut alongside Jennifer Love Hewitt in The Truth About Love and will also feature in the upcoming Brit flick Rollin' With The Nines.

The singer also runs a model agency, has a huge property portfolio and is exporting Dyson products to the Middle East.

He has no plans to lose touch with the other Blue boys either.