Elton has confirmed that he will host next year's memorial concert for Princess Diana.
The singer was personally asked by her sons William and Harry, and claims he is overjoyed at the invitation.
"The princes have only just asked me and I am over the moon," he said. "They said there could be a role for me doing the MC bit by linking it all together and asked whether I would mind doing it, which of course I don't!"
The concert, which is set for July 1 at Wembley Stadium, will include performances by Joss Stone and Bryan Ferry.
"William and Harry are going to be choosing all the acts but if I can help them co-ordinate it I will," the entertainer added.
Closer to July, the running order of the concert which is to be held in the evening, will be announced, as will the precise hour. So far, it is expected to last three or four hours.
It will be broadcast by the BBC.
BBC vision director Jana Bennett and director of BBC audio and music Jenny Abramsky said in a joint statement: "We're thrilled that Princes William and Harry have decided to work with us - the event will be broadcast live on BBC1 and BBC Radio 2 - as well as online - and will be a real highlight for the whole of the UK this summer."
BBC1 Controller Peter Fincham remarked: "This is a key event for the British public this summer, and I am delighted that BBC1 has been asked to broadcast it into the nation's living rooms."
Radio 2 Controller Lesley Douglas said: "This promises to be not only a brilliant concert but also a really important one. I am delighted that Radio 2 has been given the opportunity to reflect the event across its output."
he latest music videos going live on Yahoo! Music