The countrywide tour of Elton and Disney's musical, Aida, will begin at Minneapolis' Orpheum Theatre March 27, 2001 until April 22, 2001. The production will then move to St. Louis, Seattle, Portland, Oregon, and Denver.
No cast has been confirmed. Future stops and dates expected to be announced soon. The Lion King made a successful pre-Broadway stop there in 1997 before going on to major success in New York.
After trials in Atlanta and Chicago, Elton and Tim Rice's Aida opened on New York's Broadway at the Palace Theatre on March 23, 2000. The New York production features Adam Pascal, Heather Headley and Sherie Rene Scott and was nominated for five Tony Awards, including for Headley, who won.
As with the New York edition, the tour will be directed by Robert Falls, with Wayne Cilento working choreography, and sets and costumes by Bob Crowley.
The tour schedule is:
- March 27-April 22, 2001: Minneapolis' Orpheum Theatre
- April 27-May 6: St. Louis' Fox Theatre
- May 12-27: Seattle's Paramount Theatre
- May 29-June 3: Portland, Oregon's Keller Auditorium
- June 6-24: Denver's Buell Theatre