Elton has had some funny acts to follow! But none come so close, and perhaps offer such an odour, as a fan's...sneaker.
The shoe was offered up to Elton to sign at the end of his solo show in Horsens in Denmark on July 4, 2003.
Elton was in a mood for an autograph session, according to one fan's account of the event.
Elton was said to have spotted someone wearing a T-shirt saying "Nikita" on it, and he opted to change the set list!
The gig was the same as in other Scandinavian venues, such as Trondheim in Norway, except that The Greatest Discovery was replaced with The One and Ticking was played instead of Original Sin.
The complete set list of the Horsens show on July 4, 2003:
- Your Song
- Border Song
- The One
- Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- Ballad of the Boy in the Red Shoes
- Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters
- Honky Cat
- Rocket Man
- I'm Still Standing
- Tiny Dancer
- I Want Love
- Philadelphia Freedom
- Candle in the Wind
- Moon River
- Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word
- I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues
- This Train Don't Stop There Anymore
- Take Me to the Pilot
- The One
- Blue Eyes
- Bennie an the Jets
- Crocodile Rock
- Don't Let The Sun Go Down on Me
- Circle of Life